BLESSING IN ADVERSITY
- Have you ever wondered if your dark days will end?
- Have you ever felt like whatever hope you once had has dried up like a butter in the sun?
- The pathway to blessing begins when you learn to surrender control of your life to God!
- To see the blessing in adversity you must develop the right perspective on life’s trials
- Dark days are a natural part of life
- With the right perspective on trouble, you will remember that God has placed limits on the evil that can come your way! 1 Cor 10:13
- We can find comfort in adversity when we refuse to go with Elijah’s ‘Lone ranger’ attitude. 1Kings 19. He became discourage because he felt he was the only one experiencing trials.
- Do not make the mistake of thinking you have been singled out for suffering, testing or persecution. 1 cor 10:13
- With the right perspective on trouble, we can learn to appreciate our trials. Trials humble us, puncturing our pride and bringing us to a greater dependence on god
- They remind us of past mistakes, leading us torestore to do better.
- They make us able to empathize, to walk in someone else’s shoes.
- Peter become more humble after he denied Jesus in John 21, than he was in Luke 22
- You can gain strength to meet the challenges of dark days by relinquishing control of your life.
- God wants us to trust Him to order out steps and direct our paths
- Refusing to release the control of our lives to God is foolishness because, God knows what the future holds and we don’t.
- We don’t even know what a day will bring forth. Pro 27:1 but God does
- That is why we shouldn’t take prayer for joke. We must learn to value the blessing of the presence of God. “True prayers enables God within us to connect with God above us” – C.H Dodd
- The nature of true prayer is not to change God but to get us transform and making us surrender our wills to the one who hung the stars in the space.
- God’s purpose can’t be stopped. Like the coming of the morning which can’t be restrained.
- God’s purpose will ultimately prevail. Pro 19:21
- Nothing can happen to us from which God cannot eventually bring good. Like Joseph, he said “You meant it for evil, but god meant it for good” Gen 50 vs 20
You will Rise!!