WHEN GOD DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
TOPIC: WHEN GOD SEEMS DIFFICULT OR UNCOOPERATIVE I
James 1: 2-4,12; Rom 8:28,35-39
- Life is a battle and until Christ comes, there is no resting place.
- 6:12, our fight may involve human beings but we are actually fighting spiritual wickedness in high places.
- What do you do when it seems God is uncooperative or difficult?
- What do you do when the life God has promised you looks nothing like the life God has given you?
- The will of God is a tough place to be.
- When the will of God gets tough, where do you run?
2 Cor. 4:7-9, 17
- Every plan of escape, outside of the will of God, found each back at the same place of having to trust the Lord all over again.
- Avoiding God’s will only finds you running in circles. He brings you back where you started.
- In seasons of difficulty, God wants us to turn to Him rather than run to Egypt.
- The difficult Will of God also includes the presence of God and His comfort!
- Paul offer prayers unto God that God refused to answer. Ii Cor. 12:7. Let I should be exalted above measure. Thoughts to be examined!
- True prayer is not about getting our way but surrounding our Will.
- Prayer should be our first response to a painful experience.
- Paul is talking about a thorn in the flesh. Vs. 8, 9.
- Instead of healing Paul, God gave him His promise!
- God does not exist to serve us but we are here to serve Him!
- God’s grace is sufficient to take us through all trials that we may face on earth.
- It is important that we come to experience His all-sufficient grace.
- This grace will take us through the darkest nights with a smile.
- This grace will sustain us when all else has failed us.
No matter how difficult and uncooperative God seem right now, Let us rely on His grace that is more than enough for us.